The Marin County Bicycle Coalition (MCBC) has been steadily improving our county’s road and path facilities for walkers and bikers since we formed in 1998. You’ve seen the impact of our advocacy efforts in each of our towns: permanent bike racks, bike lane striping, green-and-white bike route signs, road resurfacing, ‘sharrow’ road stencils, and so much more.
MCBC’s work improves our quality of life in many ways:
- increased opportunities for daily physical activity,
- teaching your children to be skilled and safe bike riders,
- reduced road congestion and greenhouse gas emissions,
- transportation equity for our low-income neighbors
Our goal is for 20% of all trips in Marin to be made by walking or bicycling by 2020. You can help – join MCBC today!
Donations made to the MCBC are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law (MCBC tax id # 68-0419394). Click the button on the right to Donate Now!
Bicycling is environmentally, fiscally and physically responsible - and fun too!
- Securing millions in government funds for better bikeways.
- Working for every road project to include bicycle lanes.
- Spreading our National model Safe Routes to Schools program Countywide.
- Educating cyclists and motorists to Share the Road.
- Influencing transportation policy and legislation.
- Promoting cycling and the rights of cyclists.
- Representing cyclists at public meetings.
- Providing bicycle parking at public events.
- Producing educational literature.
- Working for clean air and water, less traffic, and a better environment.
- Striving for 20% of trips in Marin to be by bicycling or walking.