Women on Wheels
Bicycle Education Classes Just for Women; Taught by Women
Women on Wheels workshops are over for 2013. Please contact Peggy Clark at to be put on the waiting list.
- Subscribe to our email bulletins
- Learn about our Basic Street Skills classes
- Go to the MCBC Education web page
- Go to the MCBC Home page
Women on Wheels overview
The workshops help women to increase their confidence and develop skills they need to enhance their cycling enjoyment and goals.
- The foundations of road and path riding
- How to be more comfortable riding in traffic and climbing and descending hills
- How to be prepared for the inevitable and more…biking around vehicles.
- How to prepare for charity and endurance rides
Here's what one participant had to say about her WOW experience:
I attended the WOW Bicycle Maintenance class at 3 Ring Cycles in San Anselmo and it was great! Both of the instructors were more than helpful. I think the women teaching women thing is an excellent concept. I liked the small class size, every question was answered. Explanations on how to do things was clear and the hands-on portion was very helpful. I actually removed a rear tire, took out the tube, replaced it and got it back on the bike (something I'd never really done on my own before).
Now I'm really looking forward to the Gearing and Hills class!
Thanks for making these classes possible!
--- Donna Kalal