Women on Wheels
Bicycle Education Classes Just for Women; Taught by Women
Mark your calendars for the popular Women on Wheels series, back this coming spring and summer.
The workshops help women to increase their confidence and develop skills they need to enhance their cycling enjoyment and goals.
- The foundations of road and path riding
- How to be more comfortable riding in traffic and climbing and descending hills
- How to be prepared for the inevitable and more…biking around vehicles.
- How to prepare for charity and endurance rides
2013 Workshop Dates:
- Century/Endurance Ride Preparation - Saturday, May 11, 10 AM – Noon
A workshop to help prepare for century rides.
- Basic Street Skills - Thursday, May 16, 6:30 – 8:30 PM, and Thursday, July 11, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Learn the rules of the road and tricks of the trade
- Bike Maintenance – Thursday, May 23, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Basic adjustments and fixes
- Bike Handling –Saturday, June 8, 10 AM – Noon
On the bike exercises to improve your ability to navigate with confidence
- Gearing and Hills – Saturday, July 13, 10 AM – Noon
Learn to climb and descend those hills without fear
Participants can sign up for one class, or sign up for three or more and get a discount.
$40 ($35 for MCBC members) per class
$115 for three sessions ($95 for MCBC members)
$150 for four classes ($125 for MCBC members)
$185 for five sessions ($155 for MCBC members)
Here's what one participant had to say about her WOW experience:
I attended the WOW Bicycle Maintenance class at 3 Ring Cycles in San Anselmo and it was great! Both of the instructors were more than helpful. I think the women teaching women thing is an excellent concept. I liked the small class size, every question was answered. Explanations on how to do things was clear and the hands-on portion was very helpful. I actually removed a rear tire, took out the tube, replaced it and got it back on the bike (something I'd never really done on my own before).
Now I'm really looking forward to the Gearing and Hills class!
Thanks for making these classes possible!
--- Donna Kalal