The Marin County Bicycle Coalition (MCBC) has been steadily improving our county’s road and multiuse pathway facilities for cyclists and pedestrians since we formed in 1998.
You’ve seen the impact of our advocacy efforts in each of our towns: bike parking facilities, miles of new bike lanes, a nearly completed bike routes system that is signed, several separated multiuse pathways road repairs and resurfacing, share the road “sharrow’’ road stencils, and much more.
More recently, you’ve seen the positive impact of our Off-Road Program’s efforts, including the beautiful new 680 Trail linking two County open space preserves, improved trail access on State Parks and GGNRA lands, volunteer trail work days and much more.
Our goal is for 20% of all trips in Marin to be made by bicycling or walking by 2020. You can help – join MCBC today!
MCBC’s work improves our quality of life in many ways:
- increased opportunities for daily physical activity and a connection with the outdoors and nature
- teaching your children to be skilled and safe bike riders
- reduced road congestion, greenhouse gas emissions and fossil fuel consumption
- transportation equity for our low-income neighbors
TAM allocates $14.5 million for multi-modal transportation in Greenbrae
Funding pending MTC approval in early 2014
China Camp Day Use Fee Program
Why charge for trail use?
MCBC Takes it Off-road!
Follow the progress of our newest program
View MCBC’s new and unique “Ride Right” video on the top techniques for safe group cycling
- Bicycle Education Class - Basic Street Skills
Sign-up for an upcoming class.
Take this class to reduce your traffic citation