MCBC Volunteer & Activities Coordinator Job Posting
The Marin County Bicycle Coalition (MCBC) is a national leader in bicycle advocacy that is working to complete Marin County’s bicycle/pedestrian network and make our community safer and more accessible for all users. MCBC seeks a part-time Volunteer and Activities Coordinator for its Fairfax office to utilize MCBC’s excellent volunteer resources and assist with event implementation.
The Volunteer and Activities Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the successful implementation of MCBC’s many marketing and membership campaigns, activities and events, under the direction of the Membership Director.
The Coordinator must have the ability to interact with staff at all levels and volunteers in a dynamic environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism. The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on tasks in a timely manner is critical. A love of communicating with people in person, on the phone, and via email, the web and social media is a must!
The position offers involvement with coordination of all of the non-profit’s public outreach activities, requires focus on MCBC’s marketing and fundraising areas, and provides the opportunity for using a wide variety of skill sets. If you are an outgoing, motivated multi-tasker who loves working with people and organizing events, this job will keep you fulfilled. This position reports to the Executive Director and the Membership Director, depending on the tasks being completed.
Hourly position for 20 hours per week, on average (busiest February through November)
Partial Health and Dental Benefits (50% paid – pro-rata with weekly hours worked)
Compensation is $17 - $20 per hour, depending on experience
- Minimum two (2) years of volunteer and event management experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop marketing and promotional materials
- Organized, and detail oriented
- Professional, positive, friendly demeanor
- Able to work independently and as a proactive team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Filemaker or other databases
- Availability for evening volunteer calls and occasional evening and weekend activities
- Ability to maintain regular scheduled work days in the MCBC office
- Love of bicycling and knowledge of MCBC’s bicycle advocacy work in order to understand and persuasively communicate about it is a necessity!
Activity and Event Coordination
- Assist Membership Director with implementation of public campaigns / membership activities such as:
- Bike to Work Day
- Dirt Roll ride
- Annual Member Meeting
- Marin Century rest stop
- Biketoberfest festival
- Tour de Marin ride
- Route 5 Passport Campaign
- Bike Locally Campaign
- Valet Bike Parking outreach
- Coordinate materials, equipment, tabling boxes for campaigns / membership activities
- Order or purchase supplies as needed per activity
- Draft, format and distribute membership outreach, fundraising campaigns, activity and event promotions
- Recruit and secure volunteers for campaigns / membership activities
- Conduct volunteer interviews with intake form to utilize volunteers appropriately
- Create and/or revise relevant volunteer shifts per activity
- Maintain member volunteer preferences in database
- Provide volunteer appreciation (emails, cards, gifts, etc.)
- Develop and grow core volunteer group for each activity
- Assist Membership Director with event sponsor solicitations
- Assist with implementation of fundraising campaigns:
- Business Sponsors
- Pedal Press and Bulletin ads
- Annual Fundraising Campaign
- Special campaigns – matching dollars, etc.
- Generate thank you letters for Foundation, Corporate and Business donors
- Assist Executive Director with Spoke Society cultivation, solicitation and increased giving campaigns
- Assist Executive Director with grant proposal submittals
- Coordinate major donor meetings for Executive Director
All applicants must provide a resume and cover letter to:
Kim Baenisch, Executive Director
Marin County Bicycle Coalition
P.O. Box 1115
Fairfax, CA 94978
Interviews will be conducted as relevant applications are received. MCBC hopes to fill the position by February 2011.