Bicycle Education in Marin and the Bay Area
Cycling skills classes
- Basic Street Skills (Marin) – Two-hour classroom presentation that covers cyclists’ legal rights, responsibilities, visibility and predictability. This is the class which allows bicycle traffic infraction citation fee reduction through class attendance.
- Let's Ride Workshop – Fit - Nutrition - Skills covered in a classroom setting. Ride follows if schedule and location allows.
- Women on Wheels - Bicycle Education Classes just for women, taught by women
- Family Biking Workshops - workshops for families with students in grades 2nd thru 5th that teach how to safely navigate streets together
- Street Safety Education (San Francisco) – free group instruction from the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. Courses include: Urban Cycling Workshops, On-the-Road Street Skills, Freedom from Training Wheels, and Adult Learn to Ride, and Family Biking.
- Bicycle Solutions - private instruction (San Francisco, Oakland, San Mateo, Palo Alto)
$15.00 off first session to MCBC members for the following lessons: Learn To Bicycle At Any Age, Bicycle Handling Skills Clinic, and Ride-Along Coaching
- Safety classes (East Bay) – free group instruction from the East Bay Bicycle Coalition. Courses include: Traffic Skills 101, Family Cycling Workshops, Kids Bike Rodeos, and One Hour Commuter Workshops
- 511.org – a list of bike classes throughout the nine Bay Area counties
League Certified Instructor (LCI) certification – a program that certifies you to teach safe bicycling nationwide