Resources and Links
Click on any link to toggle display of the list of topics:
- 46 Good Reasons to Bicycle
- Benefits of Bicycle Commuting
Ride to work today!
- Economic Benefits of Bicycling
- Stats on Bicycling
Compiled by Bikes Belong
- The Marin Bicycle Map
Available free when you join as a member of the Marin County Bicycle Coalition. Also available for sale at bike shops in Marin
- Rides and riding directions
- Bike Whenever
Practical suggestions about commuting by bicycle anytime
- Cycling for Fun
A public interest website focused on enjoying healthy and eco-friendly cycling
- Take your bike on the bus
The quick and easy way to put your bike on a GGT bus
- Essential Gear for Bicycle Commuters
- Basic Cycling Essentials
Our checklist for what to bring when you ride
- Kids' Bike Purchase Tips
- Kid and Cargo Bike Trailers Comparison
Adventure Cycling, March, 2004
- How to Live Without a Car
Benefits of bicycling and bike commuting; advice and tutorials on biking, gear, and routes.
- Share the Road Informational Flyer
- LAB Bike Safety Video
- California Vehicle Code
Sections Related to Bicycles
- Bicycle Etiquette
Conceived, compiled and edited by Joe Breeze, MCBC Advisory Board
- Bicycling Street Smarts
By John Allen
This compact tutorial, available as a 46-page booklet and in an online version, will increase your safety and confidence while bicycling on any road, whether you are a beginner or an expert.
- Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
From the CHP
Safety flyers and videos; California Vehicle Code; Bike Etiquette.
Studies on Bike Sharing in Marin and Beyond.
- Marin Bike Shops
- Bike Rentals in Marin and San Francisco
- Bike Clubs and Organizations
In Marin and beyond
- Road Repair Contacts
Report maintenance and construction issues
- Bike Facilities in Marin (and California)
A brief description of the types of facilities built here
- Road Watch
Follow the progress of road repair projects
- Bicycle Friendly Attorneys
In and around Marin County
- Bicycle Education
Classes on riding and repair in Marin and the Bay Area
- Bay Area Regional Listing of Street Skills Classes
Who to call for road repairs; bike shops and clubs; attorneys; bike education resources.
- Ask MCBC - If you can't find your answer here, please use this form to contact us.
A website where you can report and track collisions, hazards, and thefts
- Rentcycle - Easily find and book Bay Area rental items, including road bikes, mountain bikes, and hybrids.
- Rent a Bike Now - Enter your travel destination and this site will find a rental bike for you.
- Local Bike Trader - Local Bicycle Trader helps you find, buy, sell and trade used bicycles. For no fee, you can post as many bicycles as you have to trade or sell with up to five photos each on the site.
- California bike route maps - The California Bicycle Coalition provides links to dozens of free online maps covering bike routes and bike lane networks in nearly every part of the state.
- Plus 3 Network - This site lets you track your riding mileage while earning dollars for your favorite bicycle advocacy programs
- Clif 2-Mile Challenge - 40% of U.S. urban travel is two miles or less; 90% of those trips are by car. Use this mapping tool to show the two mile radius from your home (or business); then you can view a list of services (bike shops, groceries, parks, etc.) within that radius.
- 1 World 2 Wheels - Change the World. Pledge to go by bike. This site supplies tips to beginners or hesitant bikers interested in riding more.
- Map My Ride - Map your rides and find new ones.
- TrailLink - Rails to Trails Conservancy's trail finder. You can also submit your favorite trail.
- Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions
by Bicycling and Walking
Proactive policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Marin County
- The ABC's of Bicycle Funding
A Guidebook Prepared by the Marin County Bicycle Coalition
- Tips to Reduce Your Fuel Consumption
- Losing Weight May Prevent Cancer Deaths
By Janet McConnaughey
The Associated Press
Thursday, April 24, 2003; 10:47 AM
- Bike cargo services
Pedal Express (Berkeley)
Miscellaneous resources and links.