California State Parks is pleased to announce a Recognition Ceremony for the Road Safety Improvements in Mount Diablo State Park. Following California Department of Transportation standards, the project was designed to increase the safety for cyclists and motorists on Mount Diablo.
The new improvements include:
– Solid Double Yellow lines and Designated Passing areas
– Bike Sharrows
– DO NOT PASS BIKES ON BLIND CURVES signs
– AVOID CRASH SLOW DOWN signs
– Additional STOP signs for safety
– Revised warning Curve/Speed Advisory signs
– Improved Safety Communication to Mount Diablo State Parks’ Visitors
There will be a number of speakers including representatives from California State Parks, Mount Diablo Cyclists, State Senator Steven Glazer, Assemblywoman Catherine Baker, Assemblywoman Susan Bonilla, and other local elected officials. All park users are encouraged to attend the ceremony.
WHEN: October 7, 2016 9:30 – 11:00 AM
LOCATION: Curry Point, Southgate Road, Mount Diablo State Park
Are you putting on a bike-related event?
Please let us know about it! Use this form to share information about your event so that it appears here in the Marinbike.org Event Calendar.