Meet the 2016 class of inductees and families, Friday evening. Tacos & salad, beer, wine, music—and no doubt, great stories and fond memories.
On September 30th and October 1st, the Marin Museum of Bicycling will host the 29th annual Mountain Bike Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. This will be the first year the induction will be in Fairfax. The 2016 Hall of Fame inductee-elects are:
• Matt Fritzinger, founder of U.S. high school mountain bike racing
• Missy Giove, one of mountain bike racing’s first mainstream female superstars
• Hank Barlow, founder of Mountain Bike Magazine in 1985
• Román Urbina, godfather of multi-day MTB races and La Ruta de los Conquistadores
• Jeff Archer, founder of Museum of Mountain Bike Art & Technology (MOMBAT)
The Mountain Bike Hall of Fame & Museum was founded in 1988 in Crested Butte, Colorado. Ten mountain biking pioneers were inducted in the charter year. Since then, three to seven mountain bike legends from around the world have been selected annually. The rich history of the sport of mountain biking, many significant early fat-tire bikes, memorabilia and stories of Hall of Fame inductees are housed in the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame, now located at the Marin Museum of Bicycling in Fairfax, California.
Are you putting on a bike-related event?
Please let us know about it! Use this form to share information about your event so that it appears here in the Marinbike.org Event Calendar.