Event Report MCBC Wildflower Ride a Big Success!
- PlantId.net! One of our ride leaders, Bruce Homer Smith, has already assembled a web page featuring the more than 50 species we saw on the ride. Bruce’s site makes it easy for wildflower rookies and pros alike to identify native plants and wildflowers: http://plantid.net/Article/PlantList.aspx/?PlantList=Bicycle+Botany
- OneTam Peak Health: Here’s a link to a report, which describes the health of ecosystems on Mt. Tam and includes maps of past fires on the mountain: http://onetam.org/peak-health
- From Bombers to Bicycles: Next Thursday, April 27th, the Marin Museum of Bicycling (with ride leader Joe Breeze!) is hosting a fascinating talk on the history of military plane crashes on Mt. Tam. Registration is only $10: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/from-bombers-to-bicycles-tickets-33255992569
- Statewide CNPS Mountain Biking Chapter: If you’re interested in signing the petition to form this chapter, please contact ride leader Christina at email@example.com.
- Learn more about our ride partners at:
The wildflower mountain bike ride on Mt. Tam was such a big success, we anticipate this will be the first of many docent-led nature-oriented mountain bike rides in Marin.