Submissions Due 1/31/18 Safe Routes To Schools Art Contest Deadline Extended
The submission deadline has been extended for the Safe Routes to Schools Art Contest for Marin students grades K through 5. Your young artist has until January 31st to create a colorful scene of walking or biking – and the Grand Prize winner will receive a new bicycle and helmet.
Through art, students can motivate a community to make a positive change. Safe Routes to Schools’ Art Contest invites children to encourage others to walk, bike, scooter, or skateboard to school, a friend’s house, or someplace special.
Art work will be judged for the ability to express enthusiasm for walking and rolling and for creativity and originality.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive a new bicycle and helmet donated by Mike’s Bikes
- One First Place Winner will receive a gift card for new pair of sneakers, valued to $50.00
- 15 Honorable Mentions will receive a $5.00 Jamba Juice gift card.
Student winners, and their parents/guardians and teachers, will be invited to attend the Art Opening and Award Ceremony at the Marin Museum of Bicycling in early February. Refreshments will be served and winners will be acknowledged
Two Ways to Submit:
Contest Rules Overview
(for full guidelines, visit the Safe Routes to Schools Contest page)
- Deadline for submission is January 31st, 2018.
- Entries must be original work of students attending Marin Elementary Schools.
- 8.5 x 11 or 11×17 white paper preferred (orientation doesn’t matter).
- All artwork submitted becomes the property of Safe Routes to Schools and affiliated public agencies and will not be returned. All parties submitting art relinquish all rights, control and ownership of the artwork and the Safe Routes to Schools Program and affiliated public agencies reserve the right to make modifications to artwork for future use in posters, banners, flyers and other printed publications.