Marin Bike Patrol Needs You! Help Expand The Marin Open Space Bike Patrol
Did you know Marin has a Bike Patrol? For years now Marin County Open Space has trained and supported a Bike Patrol to assist visitors and monitor trail conditions.
Right now Marin County Open Space is actively working on a number of new trails that will be open to mountain biking. Now is a great time to build up the bike patrol and send a positive message about sharing and mutual respect.
- Special Bike Patrol jersey
- Extensive useful training and tools for patrolling Open Space Preserves
- Volunteer appriciation party
- Praise from Open Space visitors for your service, especially if they’re lost or in need of aid!
Bike Patrol duties include:
- Monitor preserves and act as extra eyes and ears for Open Space District Rangers
- Communication with Open Space personnel for fast and effective response to any Open Space incidents or property issues
- Perform public outreach and regularly provide information to trail users
- Aid in searches and assist people in need
- Educate users about safe and responsible land stewardship and Marin County Open Space District rules and regulations.
We are very excited about the creation and growth of the Bike Patrol program and what it adds to the Open Space Volunteer Patrol program as a whole. Having these dedicated volunteers on staff helps promote the safe and responsible enjoyment of all users while helping in our effort to preserve Marin’s beautiful Open Spaces.
JOIN THE TEAM!
For more information about the program, visit the Trail Watch page on MarinCoutyParks.org
To sign-up email Greg Reza at firstname.lastname@example.org