news Volunteer Opportunities at Dirt Fondo and Sausalito Art Fest
MCBC Dirt Fondo Saturday, August 28
The following opportunities are available:
- Course Marshal – This is where you can be our eyes and ears out on the course. Choose from many beautiful locations along the course to keep riders in good spirits and on track.
- BBQ Help – If you’re interested in hanging out at the Presidio Riding Stables, enjoying the last days of summer then this is the spot for you. Help set up tables, prep the food and beer for the post-ride BBQ. You’ll even get a plate of yummy food for your services.
- Rest Stop Support – We are looking for a few folks to support the riders on course and keep them fueled and hydrated.
- SAG Support – This is a crucial part of any great ride. The ability to transport riders back to the Start/Finish if necessary. If you have a car/vehicle that can transport two riders and their bikes, this is for you.
- Clean up – This is sometimes the most important volunteer job of all. We need someone to pick up the course flags along parts of the route and need folks to help break down the epic BBQ.
ALL MCBC Dirt Fondo Volunteers will receive a FREE plate of tasty BBQ, free beer (21+ and older) and an MCBC t-shirt.
Bike Parking for Sausalito Art Festival September 2 – 4
Each year, the Sausalito Art Festival brings more than 270 award-winning artists from around the country and 30,000 patrons flock to the waterfront village of Sausalito, California. Many patrons forgo cars and arrive in style on two wheels…bikes. Our talented MCBC Bike Valet crew helps out by parking these bikes, keeping them safe and protected until their owners return. We host this eco-friendly, free service to patrons from open to close each day. With attendees numbering in the thousands over the four days of fun and art, MCBC needs more than 50 volunteers to successfully run Bike Parking. If you or anyone you know is interested in helping out with the Sausalito Art Festival or any other Bike Parking event, go sign up here or email Jess Willard.
Each Bike Valet Crew member will receive an free entry admission to the festival which may be used on any of the three days – a $30 value.