news MCBC Volunteers Needed for Jensie – Keep Riders Safe!
Do you know someone riding the Jensie? Sign up to volunteer and join them for free food, live music and a beer (21 or older) at the Finisher’s Village on Saturday, October 7. Know someone who wants to ride? We’ve got a great deal for you and your +1. Yes, there’s a catch: they ride, you volunteer and you both get free stuff. Email Jess Willard if you’re interested.
With safety at the forefront of MCBC’s mission, we are proud to be the eyes and ears of the Jensie Gran Fondo of Marin. MCBC volunteers will serve a unique role as course marshals, which includes keeping all riders on course, reminding riders of the rules of the road, and reporting any incidents back to the Jensie team.
These locations still need coverage – No single shift is longer than 3 hours:
- Chileno Valley Rd & Wilson Hill Rd – Shifts begin 9:30 AM & 12:45 PM
- Fairfax – Elsie Lane & Bolinas Road – Shift begins 8:15 AM
- Bolinas Road @ one lane closure – Shift begins 8:30 AM
- Bolinas Road @ Second Hairpin after Azalea Trail Head – Shift begins 8:30 AM
- Bolinas Road @ Third Hairpin after Azalea Trail Head – Shift begins 8:30 AM
- Wilson Hill & Hicks Valley Rd. – Shifts begin 11:30AM & 2:00 PM
- Pan Toll Rd and Panoramic Hwy – Shift begins 9:00 A
And the perks? All volunteers will receive the following:
- Invitation to a volunteer-only pizza party, hosted by Jens himself (usually takes place the Monday night after the event. Finalized party details will be provided closer to event weekend)
- Custom Jensie Gran Fondo of Marin hat
- Complimentary lunch, we invite you to join us in the Finisher’s Village to enjoy live music and a cold beverage to celebrate the day (volunteers over 21, will receive a ticket to enjoy a complimentary Lagunitas brew).
- Curated gift bag with goodies from The Jensie Gran Fondo’s partners and sponsors